Trimester 2 Goals for Reading Response
2nd and 3rd Grade Reading Response Questions for Literature:
- Identify the lesson learned in both texts.
- Compare the lesson from both texts using key details.
- Explain why the lesson learned is important.
- Ask and answer questions,( who?, what?, where?,when?, and why?) to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text, referring explicitly to the text as a basis for the answers. RL 1
- Recount stories including fables and folktales and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral. RL 2
- Compare and contrast the themes, settings, and plots of stories written by the same author about the same or similar characters. RL9
2nd and 3rd Grade Writing Standards for Trimester 3
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences. W3
- With guidance and support , produce writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task and purpose. W4
- With guidance and support, (focus on a topic) develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing. W5
- With guidance and support from adults, students use a variety of digital tools (technology) to produce and publish writing (using key boarding skills), including in collaboration with peers. W6
- Write routinely over extended and short time frames for a range of tasks, purposes, and audiences. W10